Cypress Community Garden Base Map



I made this map to present at the Cypress Community 2014 Garden Annual General Meeting. My goal was to create a high quality base map that can be used for new member orientation, garden planning, and community outreach. If you are a member of another garden in Vancouver, contact me and I would be happy to create a similar map for your garden.



I also created the second map above more recently to address the controversy over the land area that CP Rail is claiming may need to be cleared. It was our members' understanding that the right of way was 20 feet from the centre of the tracks, shown in yellow. However, CPR is now claiming they will clear the full area up to the white property line. This would be a tragic loss as you can see the different between the yellow and white lines is approximately have of the community garden area, and all of the beautiful flower gardens along the north walking area.